If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Le Pavillon 
Rue du Pavillon, St Martin
Type of property
17th century farm
Families associated with the property
- Beaugie: Having been acquired in the early 19th century (possibly before) the house was still in the Beaugie family in the late 20th century. John Samuel Beaugie made a claim for £12 under the post-war rehabilitation scheme and his son John Gerald was living here when he made his will in 1968, as was his wife, Louisa Alice, nee Perchard, in 1972. The farm does not appear to have been lived in during the German Occupation, the address for family members' registration cards being given as Milton Farm, St Martin.
The Eden Chapel Weslyan baptism register shows that Eric Messervy Beaugié, son of John Samuel and Susan, nee Messervy, was baptised at Le Pavillon
- 18 TBG IMSV 09 - For Thomas Beaugié and Jeanne Messervy
- JBG EGD 1840 - For Jean Beaugié, son of above, and Esther Gaudin
Historic Environment Record entry
This farm group, the farmhouse and the outbuildings, retains its integrity in plan and fabric. All the buildings retain historic features externally and internally. The development of farming can be seen through the different types of building in the yard.
This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795, dating from the 17th century, with further developments in the 19th century.
Two-storey farmhouse with adjoining outbuilding to west, returning south with lean-to vine house on south gable. Two-storey old school house running north. Parallel to north is two-storey barn, open fronted shed and at north end pigsties.
Central front door now in porch, doors to ground floor rooms removed, partition added to what would originally be base of stair. Staircase base has been turned around, now approached from north. Boarded partitions throughout including between south rooms and rooms in north outshot. First floor southeast room has early 19th century fireplace and grate with cupboards either side. Pegged roof trusses. Interiors of outbuildings retain brick paviours, wooden partitions, doors, cow stalls, beams etc.
Old Jersey Houses
Not included in either volume, despite the age of the property
Notes and references
- ↑ There is considerable confusion over the spelling of this house name, and of the road where it is situated. The correct spelling is as shown here. It is the French word for a detached house, usually today in the suburbs. The HER entry and the website map show the house as Le Pavillion and the road as Rue du Pavilion, both incorrect. The latest Almanac listing shows the road either as Rue du Pavilion or Rue du Pavillon